125g unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup golden syrup
2/3 cup plain yoghurt
1 1/4 cups Self Raising flour
1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
Butter to serve
- Grease a 12 x 22 cm loaf pan, line base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine butter, sugar and syrup in a pan, stir over low heat until butter is melted. Remove and cool for 5 mins.
- Sift combined flour and spices into a bowl, add butter mix, yoghurt, eggs, apricots and nuts, stir until just combined. Pour into pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180 degrees C) for 45 mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Stand loaf in pan for 10 mins before turning out onto wire rack to cool.
- Serve sliced with butter
I think I'll go have another piece right now!